Insuring of Your Property
We've got you covered
Macy Movers is a fully licensed and insured moving company. Our valuation coverage spans from the starting point of your move to the final destination. A client representative will help you decide on the amount of protection you will need and explain the price structure for each plan.
While we strive for zero damage, we cannot prevent all. Potholes and speedbumps can wreak havoc on the most carefully packed items. Insuring it ensures that you receive the full replacement value. Sometimes people choose Basic Valuation Coverage because it is free without realizing what it means in terms of compensation. Therefore, we want you to know in advance what Basic Value Coverage is compared to Full Value Coverage.
Basic Insurance / Valuation Coverage
- Monetary copensation is minimal per item.
- Goes by the WEIGHT of the item, NOT its replacement value.
- Liability cost is 60 CENTS per POUND per ITEM.
- Example: if we lose or damage a 10-pound computer valued at $1,000, you would only receive $6.00 in compensation ($0.60 x 10 pounds equals $6.00).
Full Insurance / Valuation Coverage
- Monetary compensation goes by the REPLACEMENT VALUE of the item, NOT by its weight.
- Example: if we lose or damage a 10-pound computer valued at $1,000, we will replace it with the same or similar computer up to $1000.
- Has 3 levels of Deductibles:
- Maximum Level of Protection (Monetary Compensation) is $50,000
If you have any questions concerning Basic Value as opposed to Full Value, please give us a call. We will be happy to answer any of your questions.