Making your move as stress free as possible!
Moving soon? Don't let your belongings or your sanity get lost along the way.
From researching industry professionals, down to the final invoice approval, Atlas Van Line experts share seven steps to a better move.
Be aware of busy season. Summer months are the most popular time to relocate. The earlier you can schedule your move, the better. If you're flexible, try to move outside of May through August.
- Research movers' ratings and history. Visit Atlas to view a list of accredited and highly rated Atlas Agent movers across the United States and Canada. A company's history often affects its credibility, so be sure to dive deep into their past to validate them as a top choice.
- Familiarize yourself with consumer rights. Take your moving industry education a step farther by familiarizing yourself with the laws that are there to protect you as a consumer. ProtectYourMove.gov is a helpful resource to review before relocating.
- Track your inventory. Prior to your move, complete the Statement of Customer Responsibilities and inventory forms provided by your hired moving company. If moving with Atlas, their inventory app provides a secure inventory tracking service for its customers.
- Review and approve moving estimates. An important factor when choosing a moving company is the estimate. Online, phone, and in-home estimates are available. Review them closely for any red flags, small print or extra charges before signing off.
- Hold higher standards. Make sure you discuss with your moving company how your shipment will arrive. If your mover doesn't hold high enough standards for handling your property, find a company that does. Movers with a large network of agents are better able to accommodate your move.
- Pay attention. If you're working with a trusted industry professional, you can usually avoid the stress, but be sure to know how to identify the movers when they arrive at your home to eliminate the chance of moving fraud.
For more helpful tips and ideas, please download our moving tips paper in PDF format.